Friday, December 27, 2013

2013 by the Pound

I started my weight loss journey in 2012, but it was in 2013 that I was really successful. Here is a month by month breakdown. 

January: 189 – 184 lbs
My first plateau started in December 2012 and continued on until mid January. Being able to maintain my routine and break my plateau really solidified that I would be able to reach my goal... Eventually

February: 184-181 lbs
I was focused on running and trying to get my 5K time down. 

March: 181-176 lbs
I felt like I was losing muscle so I started to move away from cardio and focus more on strength work. This was when I discovered the Nike Training Club app.

April: 176-172 lbs
Completed my first (and only) 5 K run.  I plan to do more, but needed a break from running.
Up until this point I didn’t have to buy new clothes. In April I finally, after 9 months, dropped into a size 10. This kicked off a constant stream of clothes buying that I really need to stop. J

May: 172-169 lbs
For the first time in my adult life I was below 170 lbs, and started buying medium shirts.

June: 169-164
Bought first pair of size 8 jeans!

July: 164 lbs
Spent most of the month on holiday, I worked out when I could but was really focused on maintaining, not losing.

August: 164-160 lbs
I reached my original goal of getting to 160 lbs and started Insanity.

Sept: 160-155 lbs

October: 155-153 lbs
Completed insanity and started using the JEFIT app for tracking strength training.
Insanity was probably one of the toughest things I have done, but was definitely worth the effort. I lost 9 lbs and 5 inches (mainly from my lower body)

November: 153-149 lbs
Started to focus on how to transition to maintenance and finally hit my goal of 150 lbs.

December: ~148 Lbs

I am working on maintaining and finding new fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment